Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to the beginning

I carefully placed the box I carried on to the wooden floor, making sure no contents broke.
"Okay!This is the last box," Beatrice said, placing a small box on top of our new counter.
"Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Lilly for helping us move," I thanked Dawn's parents.
"Dude... is this a SLINKY?!" Dawn said, taking out the spiral toy out of a box.
"It was our pleasure, Clarabella." Mrs. Lilly smiled.
"DUDE. I haven't seen one in YEARS!" Dawn bounced the pink and yellow spiral toy around.
I playfully rolled my eyes.
"Hey, need anymore help, just give us a call, eh?" Mr.Lilly said.
"I'll do so," I smiled.
A loud thump came from one of the bedrooms.
"Dawn?!" I ran to the room.
Dawn sprawled across the floor tied around the slinky.
The family and I laughed loudly. Dawn gave us the stink eye.
"I'll get the scissors!" I smiled.
Soon we got Dawn out of her slinky trap, and we all laughed together.
Dawn and I hugged our good-byes. "Good luck in school, kiddo." I said.
"Yeah yeah thanks. Where's that bakery you told me about?" She asked.
"A few blocks away," I responded.
"OKAY BYEEEE" and she ran off.
"Bye, Clara!" Evangeline,Dawn's elder sister, said.
"Goodbye Evy!" I hugged her.
"I'll stop by occasionally!" She said, waving.
That's right, I remembered that she was moving here for college soon.

I waved my last goodbyes to the family through the window.

"I can't believe we moved already!" I told Beatrice.

"It's very unbelievable. eek!" She responded.

I ran to one of the bedrooms.

"I claim this one!" I yelled, echo bouncing back to my eardrums.

"Fine then!" Beatrice laughed.

"We should go paint shopping tomorrow," She suggested.

Before I could respond the bell rang.

"Looks like we've got our first visitor!" I smiled.

I opened the door and it revealed the one and only Rodger.

"R-R-Rodger?" My eyes couldn't believe the figure was standing right in front of me.

"It's me, in flesh!" He smiled.

"Oh my god, hi!" I hugged him.

"So, where's the moving truck?" Rodger asked.

"Well, there isn't any moving truck, our parents bought us all the furniture and the my friend's parents helped us move it all in!" I said.

"You're a little late on the help, haha." Bea laughed.

"Hey, wanna grab some lunch?" Rodger asked.

I looked at the floor.

"It's all on me," he convinced.

"Um... Can Beatrice go?" I asked.

If Rodger and I went alone to eat some lunch... it would be extremely awkward. In fact, it would feel like a date. It would be against what I'm trying to aim for.

"Sure!" He said.

"BEA! WE'RE GOING TO LUNCH WITH RODGER!" I yelled.

"OKAY!" She yelled back.

And so we went to enjoy a decent lunch at Panera.
Just as friends. Everything was back to normal.
~BELLS

No comments:

Post a Comment