Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

His girlfriend is a model.

I stood in line, arms crossed, waiting for my turn.
The excitement in the gymnasium was rather loud. Well, I wasn't in any way possible exhilarating for me... since I'd say Physical education isn't my favorite 'subject'.

Mr. Lee said I needed to practice for kickball. He even suggested I should come after school to practice.
I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my afternoon after a long school day of work running around kicking a ball.

But honestly all I could think of is my photoshoot.
I've given up singing. I'm not longer going to sing. ever.
Until I decided I would look for a better hobby. Besides crafting... you know?
And I did find that hobby.

Modeling.

I was just doing an early shopping spree one morning when my refrigeration was empty of breakfast food. My face absolutely nude, no make up, walking around in a sweatshirt and sweatpants, I strolled through the cereal isle.

As I retrieved my box of Captain Crunch, I backed up. Hitting a stand with cereal bags.
The bags happened to collapse to the opposite side. Hitting a man, now know as Robert.

"I'm so sorry!" I said, kneeling down to the floor to pick up the fallen bags of cereal.

He kneeled down to help me.

"It's okay..." He said.

"Are you into modeling?" He asked, putting his final bags of cereal disorderly in the rack.

"Uh, I've never really tried professional modeling... or runway," I said placing the remaining bags in the rack.

" I'm Robert Miller. I'm a manager at Miller's Future Success. Or just MFS agency. It's my mom's modeling,acting,dancing, and singing agency. " He said.

" Cool, " I said quietly.

" Do you do anything else?" He said, as we walked together.

" I used to sing. But, I don't want to any longer. I sang at gle-- singing club,"

As my departure from my singing status, I decided I'll never return nor say the word 'Glee'.
I no longer sit at the glee table.
We're still friends, but, I'd just rather not sit anywhere near Kathyleen Coleman without throwing a punch right over her messed up face. So instead, now that the weather is warmer, I sit on the tables outside the lunchroom with Sophia and Rodger.

" Oh, great. You know, you're a very beautiful young lady," He said.

I blushed a little.

" You should really try modeling,"

Before I could say a word, he continued.

"I know it really sound like I'm just 'saying that', but take my words serious. You are what MFS is looking for. Please, take my word," He begged.

*Later that day*

It took a lot of begging to actually convince my mom that I want to do this.
It took a lot of thinking to actually convince MYSELF if this was it.

But it was.

I think.
I was born to do this

Dramatics aside, My mom had to sign a gazillion papers. Gotta do this, gotta do that.
Over all, it's not like all you have to do is sign one tiny paper and go on ahead a do a photoshoot.
It took much more than that. Too much to actually explain in this blog.

My mom told me one her stories about her sister, Maylisee, who happened to be a model.
Well, at least my mom still thinks so. Basically at the age of 16, she started modeling. She appeared in billboards, magazines and television. By the time she has 18, her modeling agency had basically taken her away. And my mom never spoke to her again.
My mom was older than her, already in college, which means even before Maylisee signed into her modeling agency she hadn't really spoken to her.
She told me to never forget Ashleigh.
I promised her I wouldn't.

So basically just weeks after my official signing, we did a few photoshoot to fill up my modeling portfolio.
Their was some modeling audition for modeling clothing, which my age was in the range.

Robert, by the time, as my modeling agent, decided I would audition.
They did choose me.
Luck. That's a good start, maybe that's a sign that modeling is for me.

They also had another girl. I didn't know what her name was, though. She was my age. But they only needed ONE female model for my age. So it's basically an unknown spot. We'll find out if my face is printed in a page of Teen magazine.

Mr. Lee said I needed to practice for kickball. He even suggested I should come after school to practice.
I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my afternoon after a long school day of work running around kicking a ball.

"BELLA!"
I snapped out my daydreams by the voice of many.

It was my turn to kick.

I walked over to the assigned spot.
Or know as my spot of failure. Since I never get a good kick.
My right leg positioned in to the kicking position, my hands in a fist.

The ball rolled closer, closer, closer....
I kicked the ball... expecting a "FOUL BALL!" from Mr.Lee's booming, italian, voice.
Instead, I heard screams in collision. I didn't understand.
Their arms pointed at the first base,which was now empty besides it's guardian.

It took me a second to realize they were yelling at me to run.
As I began to run.
I ran to first base.

The next kick was up.
Gwenyth Stevens.

I remember her. She's from drama club. She's incredibly talented, amazing actress, as well as the brains.

I wouldn't know about sports,though. I'd take a guess she'd amazing at this too, since she's just perfect.
Reminded me much of Aria.

Gwenyth's expression lead me to the thought that she was thinking hard.
She missed the first kick.

Turns out she's not so good after all.

After one more try, she kicked the ball, hitting one of the lights in the roof.
As soon as she noticed I started running, she ran too.
But she was out.

I'd say today was the best gym day ever.
For one thing, I made a home run for the first time.
Also I stood in first,second,and third base for the first time.
In the other hand, Kathyleen Coleman got hit in the face with the kickball, her nose was bleeding.

On the way out of the gymnasium, some one tapped me on the shoulder.

It was Gwenyth.

"Hi, I'm Gwenyth Stevens." She smiled.
Her luxurious light brown curls bouncing around, unlike in Physical Education, where her hair was tied the neatest ponytail.

"Yeah, I know." I said, quietly.

"You're Annabella Flynne, right?" She said.

"I'd prefer to be called Bella." I giggled slightly.

"Well, you're perfect! I mean, you have the talent, the skill, and the beauty!" She said.

WHAT?
Was Gwenyth Stevens, the most perfect girl in the school, saying that I was perfect?

This is all probably a joke, most likely exposing her amazing acting skills.

"Sorry Gwenyth, your amazing acting skills don't work on me," I said.

She looked at me in confusion.

"I'm not acting, Bella. I'm very serious. Trust me, everyone thinks so. I have to go, ok?" She said, waving as she walked faster.

I carefully followed her with my eyes, watching if she met up with one her friends giggling about the joke she just played on me.
Nothing. She just headed straight out to main campus.

I looked around, watching if anyone was laughing.
No one.

Maybe she was being serious.

No she wasn't! Snap out of it Bella, I thought to myself.

I tried to not think about it as I got to my next class, History.
As I got to the main building, Liz approached me, giggling with exciment, with a magazine in her hands.
Seems like the one the girly girls?
I think so.

"Bella! You're not going to believe this," She said.

"What?" I asked as she flipped through the pages of the magazine.

I obviously knew what, that when excitement filled me.

"LOOK!" She said, as she finally stopped in one of the pages.

I was shocked.

I saw... myself.
Myself. In. the. magazine.

"OHMIGAWSH!" I yelled loudly.

Random students on the hallways actually said congrats.
They realized. They realized that this was my talent too.
It was like the first time I sung here, in Anastasia Arts... where students where actually running and risking moments to say hi to me...
Some one even asked for my autograph.
I also remember that day perfectly.
Because that was the day Rodger and I... 'started a relationship'

Oh, the good times in Ohio.

*Later that day*

"Dude, I can't believe your girlfriend is a MODEL," Daniel said to Rodger a distance away.

" I can't either, " He said, smiling, you know, the typical flirting-with-my-girlfriend type of smile.

He hugged me tightly.

My life is perfect at this very moment.

I wish I had this moment for life.

Okay. I'm not Gwenyth Stevens, I'm not very dramatic.
But point stated.
Do you think modeling is my talent?
Please give me feedback (: I'm still young, my life is just beginning.
And I'm still learning.

~perfectly BELLS



1 comment:

  1. Bella! You're totally modeling material!

    I mean, when I met you that one day, you were SO pretty!

    You make me want to go buy some magazines just to see your pretty picture... (:

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete