Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flames


"Ugh!" I let out a loud groan as the flaming hot metal nozzle of the hot glue gun I was using touched the flesh of my finger.
The burning sensation did not activate my nervous system to the touch, but a few seconds later.
My finger ached, but I managed to keep it settled.

"Eat your breakfast, Bella," Liz said, passing by.

I simply rolled my eyes, ignoring the whole situation.
I deserted my breakfast and fail crafts, headed to my room.

I didn't know what I was feeling.

Anger.
Disapointment.
Hopelessly.
Proud.

But most of all, betrayed.
Betrayed. By Robert, my ex-agent, by Leila his assistant.
No one wanted me in their covers nor in their ads.
But it wasn't me. It was all Robert.
The weak photo shoots I did for my portfolio?
All planned.
That way, going from top-ranked, to low-ranked, just to get Robert and Leila's daughter, Joy, up to my spot.
Despite that, I trusted Robert. Not much Leila, she never liked me.
It really hurts. A lot.
I'd never though he'd do that. It's like a huge stab in your trust...

The doorbell rang loudly.
I stood up and walked right accross the door, ignoring the sound.
Liz glared at me from her bed, rolling her eyes, and standing up to receive whoever it is at the door. I just simply slouched down in the sofa, my eyes landed on the door.

Liz looked through the peephole, smiled and opened the door.

"Hey Liz Mary," A familiar voice greeted her.

I slightly rose my head from the couch to get a better look at the door.

Sophia.

"SOPHIA!" I yelled, running up and hugging her.

I haven't seen her in the longest of time.

"Long time no see," I said, letting go.

"Yes, it seems like you've forgotten me completely after you started dating Rodger, " Her expression lowered.

"I'm SO sorry, Sophie! I.... very sorry... I..."

"It's okay, Bella. I forgive you," She smiled.

I smiled back at her.

"We should go for a walk outside, it's very warm. Perfect weather," She said.

"That's actually a great idea, because of all the stress that's going on for Bella," Liz said.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" I smiled.

We headed out to the mall.
The joy of being with Sophia relieved my stress. Sophia was there for me since the beginning of the year, she reminds me a lot of Gabrielle.

In the mall we visited pink berry to enjoy some yogurt. We headed to the movie theater, as well. We didn't hesitate to visit some clothing stores either. We did our makeup, too. It was loads of fun. Fun I haven't had in weeks. We catched up with each other, and I learned that Sophia actually knew Dawn! Dawn turns out to be one of Sophia's cousin's friends. We sat in the food court telling each other stories. Especially of Dawn, since we both seem to have plenty of stories of Dawn.
"We better be heading home now, it's almost eight," She said, glancing at her watch.

"I guess so," I said.

"But we can't leave with out a nice picture," I said.

"We should go up to the fountain!" She suggested.

And so we headed upstairs to the large fountain that stood in the middle of the third floor.
We snapped some pictures together, and headed to my house.

"So, are you going to do anything for the science fair this year?" I asked Sophia.

"Not quite sure, you?" Sophia asked, being very generous.

"I have an abundance of ideas, actually. A potato battery,"

"That is so awesome! We should be partners!" Sophia interrupted.

"That's actually not a bad idea--"

A loud siren coming from a fire truck interrupted me.

Sophia glance at the truck, following it carefully.
She managed to look up at the sky, which is when I noticed the clouds where infected by the black venom.

I knew that wasn't good. At all, even if it wasn't my house.

Without no slight discussion, Sophia and I followed the black smoke.
We made sure we weren't crossing between cars, nor getting to far away.
But we weren't going any farther away from our original destination.
My vision blurred from the running, but Sophia had stopped running.My hands where on my knees, I panted facing the floor.
Sophia looked up and let out a loud gasp, letting go of my wrist.
I looked at the direction she was looking, which seemed to be...

Exactly at my building.
My building.
On fire.

A buzz of thoughts rushed to my mind, I couldn't think of one clearly, since another just crowded up.

"BELLA, WAIT!"
I ran across the streets, ignoring the loud screeches of tires and the honking.
I stood directly across my building, where the flames covered it slowly.

"LIZ!" I yelled.

"Ma'm, keep your distance!" A police officer pulled me away.

"LIZ! LIZ! My friend, MY FRIEND IS IN THERE! LIZ, LIZ!" I yelled in top of my lungs.

Hoping for a head possibly popping out from a window, a faint reply back, but nothing. I just sat down on the floor and started sobbing.

"Liz..." I cried.

"I'm right here!" The voice yelled. I opened my eyes, hoping to be staring right to the ceiling of my room, that this is just a dream--a nightmare.

But I just opened my eyes to the same scenario.
Liz stood there, in tears, looking up at the burning building.
I hugged her tightly, realizing that I had lost Sophia.
I looked around quickly, my vision blurred from the smoke and the tears, to find Sophia shaking scared in the sidewalk.

"Ladies, did you or some one you know lived in this building?" And officer asked.

Liz nodded her head and followed the officer to his car, and I traced behind them.

"Bella Alexis Flynne and Felicity Mary-Kate Merriman," Liz asnwered some questions from the officer.
I completely ignored the officer, trying to sort out the thoughts that crowded my mind.

"COCONUT!" I yelled, running towards the door of the building.

"BELLA, NO!" Liz yelled, running behind me.

"MA'M! MA'M!" Officers yelled.

I ignored all the yelling, crawled under the yellow strip.
I was close the doorway when somebody yanked me from the door.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" I yelled loudly.

But the strong arms did not react to the biting, kicking nor punching.
His batch slightly stabbed my back, but I did not quit the kicking.

"Calm down, please" He said.

"COCONUT! COCO..." I gave up.

I burst into tears.

"He's dead, he's dead... he's dead.... he's dead. dead," I whispered to myself.
The officer set me down, but my legs did not resist my weight, and I just collapsed to the floor.
Liz sat next to me, her hand over my head, crying too.
She's never really liked Coconut.
But she cried with me.

I opened my eyes when I heard a yell, from an officer, but I did comprehend the message it was saying.

I watched as officers gathered at the door.

Someone came out of the building.

At the same time, the windows of my apartment had just been contaminated with the flames, but I stood up to get a better view of the door.

It was a boy, a little taller than me... wearing familiar black beat up converse...
His face covered in black...

Rodger.

"Rodger...." I whispered, running to the door.
Secured between his arms stood a dog... Coconut.
A white backpack was strapped across his shoulder.
I knew exactly what that bag contained.
My documents. Coconut's certificates, vet documents. Emergency things like a huge bottle of water, a container of dry dog food, meat flavored dog food for Coconut, first aid kit, travel bowl for coconut, paper plates, plastic sporks, canned and boxed food, money, etc.
On the other hand was a case, my guitar case, which all the stickers and gems were covered with black.
An officer took Coconut,the case, and the backpack.

"Those are mines!" I yelled at him, running towards Rodger.

"Rodger..." I whispered.
He coughed out black smoke.

"Rod..." I touched his face.
His hangs reached my cheek and he smiled.

"I thought you were dead," He managed to say.

I thought you were dead

~BELLS



No comments:

Post a Comment